GOLF TOURNAMENT FOR YAMPA VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER FOUNDATION, BENEFITING THE JAN BISHOP CANCER CENTER
AUGUST 25TH, 2023
Contact Andrew Czysz our Chief Operating Officer about details
Yampa Valley Medical Center Foundation with proceeds going to the Jan Bishop Cancer Center to assist with:
-Cancer education for patients, staff, and community
-Improving patient experience at the Jan Bishop Cancer Center
-Financial assistance for cancer patients in need (medical & non-medical)
-Solutions for chemotherapy caused hair loss
This will be an outstanding golf tournament for those who love golf. It will begin with the entrance to the golf course. The road leading to the club house will be lined with banners. Each banner will display a sponsor with their logo or display the family name of our contributors that donated personally. There will be ample and convenient parking for the 200 players. The players will stop by our welcome tent. They will receive thank you gift bags containing items that businesses in town provided and items logoed with Alpine Insurance Brokers such as high-end golf balls, eye glass cleaners, multi-tools, etc. This will be a professional style tournament so there won’t be things like mulligans to purchase, and you will enjoy the fact that you won’t be asked for additional donations while being welcomed to the tournament or during play. There will be delicious food, open bar, and many ways to win prizes. Expect to win a car, motorcycle, side by side, or something similar if you get a hole in one. There will be strict player rules because the winners will also enjoy prizes and recognition for their outstanding play. Handicaps will be required to preserve the respectable nature of competition in golf. The tournament will be a scramble because some of our most generous donors aren’t avid golfers and should be given the opportunity to contribute to their teams low score. It is also impossible to keep things moving when everyone plays their own ball.
Generous donors will be honored as hole sponsors, by cart decorations, announcements, and a permanent plaque wall. At the end of the tournament those who had fun should stick around for the auction. We will have a professional auctioneer running a fundraising extravaganza. Expect wonderful purchase options such as a week’s stay at a 6 person ski inn ski out condo donated by Paxton and Susie Jones the CEO and CFO of Alpine Insurance Brokers. Those of you who aren’t interested in the auction can partake in a lighthearted putting competition or reminisce with your friends on the restaurant patio. Once everyone has a chance to wind down and we have gotten the time to add up the scores we will announce the winners. We will keep it short and sweet so that afterwards we can give a shoutout to everyone for making this fundraiser a success. Those who stick it out to the very end will get something special on their way back to the parking lot.
Alpine Insurance Broker’s appreciation will not stop at the end of the day. The community will be reminded of your generosity throughout the year. We want you to come back again the next year, but more importantly this is a big moment for the cancer center. When Alpine Insurance Brokers reminds the community of your kindness, we also generate awareness that a cancer foundation exists here. For every person who attends the tournament, there could be 10 others who don’t play golf that want to help.
- It is the local favorite for one.
- It has a striking resemblance to the many famous links courses in Scotland. Designed by Keith Foster.
- The front 9 and back 9 are consistent with each other and every hole maintains a high standard of professionalism.
- Fairways are gorgeous and wide open making it excellent for the big hitters and friendly to those who are weekend warriors.
- The sand and water hazards are in good taste and only capture the balls that were hit poorly or without proper strategy.
- The course is certified as a leader in sustainability by the Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary for Golf.
- The beautiful wetlands surrounded the course provide a lush environment for green grass and wildlife.
- The club house is the most impressive in the valley.
- Cody Hasten the golf pro was welcoming and didn’t flinch at the opportunity to help a profound cause.
- We want the hole in one prize cars and motorcycles to be out at the tee boxes and that is only possible at Haymaker.
- It has the best driving range, putting green, and chipping green in town.
- The services such as cart service, club washing, marshal demeanor, etc. are second to none.
- The course allows for great access to your ball via the cart which speeds up play.
- Golf balls are findable due to the course not being wooded.
- Golf club rental options are high quality
- Excellent bar and restaurant
34855 E Us Hwy 40, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487 – 1.5 miles south of Steamboat Springs on US Hwy 40
Haymaker – Call 800-922-2722 Text 970-426-0365